Monday, January 23, 2006

NEWS FLASH:
The Sneeze Is A Hoax



After the recent, shocking news about Stephen Frey's bestselling memoir, I am going to personally send another thunderbolt through
the internet journalism stratosphere: The Sneeze's popular "No, Steve, Don't Eat It" column is a TOTAL HOAX!

For several years, The Sneeze has presented some of the most-entertaining content on the net (well, non-pron content, that is). Perhaps the most-famous bit is an ongoing column wherein Steve, the sole author, presents firsthand accounts of nasty crap he eats. But, it only takes a moment to read the very-funny accounts before an idea occurs to you: there is not one single photo of him eating any of these delicious morsels. There aren't even any pictures of him in the same room as any of the things he claims to eat! Any reasonable person who does something daring, even death-defying, wants to prove it to the masses, correct? So, why no photos?

I emailed him on two occassions to get his thoughts on what I deem to be unprofessional journalism, if not just blatant lying. However, at this time, he has neither addressed the issue directly on his website, nor has he responded to my queries.

The word is out, Steve. Let the sad, embarrassing story of Stephen Frey become a true inspiration for yourself. Now is the time to come clean: you didn't actually eat silkworm pupae, did you?!!?

The rest of us anxiously await....

Update!


April 10, 2006


Wow! Steve sent me a reply, via his new MySpace account.


"Cris,
All I can tell you is you're wrong. I taste everything I write about. If I didn't, I wouldn't know how to describe it, and I wouldn't be inspired to write what I do.

If you don't choose to believe me, it's your call. Every installment contains clear descriptions of the taste of the food.

I really don't believe people need to see chewed up food in my mouth. If you really want to see that image, go check out your local school cafeteria. I'm sure there will be lots of kids there happy to show it to you. The site is gross enough as it is, in my opinion. :)

Steve"

I replied and thanked him, but I still wasn't buying it. I said that describing a death-defying feat you supposedly performed might just be credited to a vivid imagination. And, yes, I'll take gross, if it validates the events he claims to have had.

I have a feeling more is on the way....

No comments: